Pages

Saturday 20 January 2018

Summer learning catch up blog:Activity 2

Today we have to tell our pepeha to the world a pepeha is something that explains where we come for and allows us to make connection. Here is my pepeha.

Ka tangi te titi
Ka tangi te kaka
Ka tangi hoki ahau
Tihei mauri ora

Ko Tapukewharawhara toku maunga
Ko Taumarere toku awa
Ko Ngatokimatawhaorua toku waka
Ko Ngati manu toku hapu
Ko Nga puhi toku iwi

Ko Dylan Cherrington toku papa
Ko Shannon Rodger toku mama
Ko Raukura raua ko Kahungunu oku teina
Ko Tahurangi Karena Cherrington toku ingoa

No reira tena koutou (times 3) tatoa

2 comments:

  1. Mōrena Tahurangi,

    Thank you for sharing the whakatauki with us. I shared it with one of my work colleagues and she told me that it is about how life is a gift.

    I have have really enjoyed reading your pepeha and learning more about where you and your whanau are from. Although I didn’t recognise your maunga, I do recognise your awa. Do you have a marae that you associate with?

    Keep up the great work!

    -Dani

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Tahurangi Ngati Manu Pepeha
    Q. Ko wai te Rangatira? Who is your Chief?
    A. Ko Pomare II te Tangata Rangatira
    I more point to suggest your middle para. replace toku with "te" as these Taonga belong to Ngati Manu te iwi. Arohanui Nanna Meretini M Wynyard xxx

    ReplyDelete